Disability & Trauma Coaching focuses on empowering adults with disabilities by improving and enhancing their life skills. It supports personal development and self-awareness, encouraging social participation, supporting the development of professional and business skills, and enhancing emotional balance. Disability & Trauma Coaching is indented for adults with disabilities as well as those who are experiencing an injury, physical or emotional, and who feel that trauma has played or is still playing a crucial role in the development of their lives, affecting their skills and weakening their emotions. It is also indented for parents with children with disabilities, employers who employ disabled people, health care providers or paramedics who wish to provide targeted assistance to their clients and gain communication skills with people who are experiencing traumatic experience or disability.
Disability & Trauma Coaching may help in:
- targeting realistic and achievable goals on a professional and/or personal level.
- managing the anger and emotions you may experience
- effective communication with people who are characterized by denial and resignation
- the emotional support of your life’s course along with your physical and mental rehabilitation by other health professionals.
- managing stigma, discrimination and racist attitudes towards your disability
You may book a Disability & Trauma Coaching session:
- When you want to improve and regain your role in society, at work, in your family.
- If you feel unable to manage your emotions or you want to find out what you are capable of and what your strengths are.
- When you feel there is imbalance between your personal life and professional career.
- If you want to develop new professional and business skills.
- When you want to learn to communicate and support a disabled person with a traumatic experience.